Monday, May 3, 2010

A Road Not Taken

Beyond the locked doors of my backyard

Lies a road not taken..

I hardly open the dust laden lock....

to reminisce about a life that could have been...

the dreams of the 'could have been' life knock now and then..

trying to break-in in my secure , complacent life..

I ignore the knocks, the invitees , the hypothetical thoughts..

the faces of the strangers I never met.....

the journeys i never went on....

the mysteries i never solved..

the risks I never took...

the love I never felt.....

the rain I never got drenched.......

the unknown roads that could have led to unknown lands..

and unknown possibilities..

I don't open the lock but just peep through a small hole...

to catch glimpses of a life that could have been.

and to imagine a walk on the road not taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment